2/15/2011

Foursquare for Businesses and Brands

One of the hot topic for my 3rd book will probably be location-based web and mobile services. The New York-based social networking company Foursquare, which launched in 2009, is a pioneer in this "checking-in" -activity. Any user check-in to some venue might receive rewards and deals if there is a "Special" off available.

Currently I have been working with two of my friends to set up a 4Sq offer. Since this activity is very simple - most of our time goes to set up suitable copy and time span - it is odd, that I havent yet heard any success stories from business how they have benefit customer engagement. Have you? Have some gain market share or improved retention rates? Let me now please.





And do not forget to check new "Foursquare for Business" pages. They now have separate guidance for Brands and Venue owners, including a detailed but simple guide for businesses about how you can "claim" check-in venues.

The new pages explain how venue owners can effectively run and track campaigns on its merchant platform. It teaches brands how to create pages and utilize its badges-rewards system to drive consumer engagement.

I like 4Sq for same odd reason. At least the app and checkins reveal to me how narrowed my middle-age life is.

No comments: